Health and Wellness Director
With 15+ years' experience initiating and managing a variety of health and fitness programs, backed by master's degrees in both Exercise Science/Wellness and Human Nutrition, and a B.S. in Business Administration, as well as an established reputation as a corporate and public preferred resource on nutrition and wellness, I am solidly qualified for a senior position in this field. I am a respected and experienced teacher and manager of fitness trainers, and a proven developer and promoter of creative programs that increase customer participation and add value to the bottom line. My achievements and career highlights listed below will attest to my readiness for a sound and creative position in a diverse health and wellness organization.
- Board for Certification of Nutrition Specialists: Certified Nutrition Specialist
- American College of Sports Medicine: Certified Exercise Physiologist
Zatcoff Wellness - Westport, CT and Mt. Pleasant, SC Principal June 2006 to Present
I operate a health and wellness company:
- Provide results-oriented programs and services for individual clients designed for, but not limited to, weight loss, biomarkers of disease, reduction of body fat, etc.
- Sought-after source for professional lectures, motivational speeches, and corporate wellness initiatives
- Collaborate with corporate and medical professionals
- Deliver popular seminars, programs and income-producing programming and services
- Known for providing resourceful partnerships and cutting-edge nutrition information
- Dedicated to the delivery of exceptional customer service
Specific achievements include:
- For Individuals: provide services and programs that normalize relevant disease markers, specialize in weight loss through increasing lean body tissue while reducing body fat.
- For Medical Practices: nutrition coaching/counseling, exercise recommendations and services, and expertise to normalize the traditional markers of disease in patients.
- For Corporations: deliver popular and effective "Lunch and Learn" programs, well-attended health fairs, and body fat testing using bioelectrical impedance technology, and follow-up.
Westport/Weston Family Y - Westport, CT Senior Director, Fitness and Wellness 1998 – 2006
- Training, development, department budget formulation and management
- Design, development, implementation and promotion of all department initiatives, clinical consults, seminars, lectures and special events
Specific achievements include:
- Introduced cutting-edge equipment and innovative fitness tools
- Pioneered the first children's strength and conditioning program in the state of Connecticut
- Managed 23 employees, focusing on their growth and goals
- Discovered and engineered new grant opportunities, resulting in surplus in new program revenue
- Created and implemented new customer service guidelines
- Managed a $750K budget and instituted cost control measures
- Represented Senior Management team at exclusive fund-raising events to build a new Y costing $50M+
Correllary Career - Westport, CT 2001-2014
SOUGHT-AFTER SPOKESMAN by regional media as expert in healthy eating, exercise and lifestyle intervention
EXPERT NUTRITION AND WELLNESS COMMENTATOR for Cablevision News 12, Connecticut
EXECUTIVE PRODUCER/HOST "The Nutrition Scoop" on FTNS Radio, Where Fitness Comes to Life
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR Norwalk Community College, CT - Exercise Science 2010-2013
CULINARY EDUCATOR Instruct healthy cooking classes using personal recipes; developed "one-pot" healthy meal program for national insurance company 2001 - Present
University of Bridgeport, CT
M.S. Human Nutrition
Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA
M.S.Ed. in Exercise Science and Wellness
College of Charleston, SC